Last updated: August 7, 2015
Prospect Hill Advisors, LLC (“we,” “us” or the “Company”), provider of the www.Carterro.com website (the “Site“) respects your privacy. This policy explains our privacy practices with respect to the Site, the Carterro™ mobile application (the “Mobile App“) and the Carterro service (collectively referred to as “the Services“). It describes how we collect and use your personal information and the rights and options available to you.
In this policy, the term ‘personal information’ (or ‘personally identifiable information’) means any information that, with reasonable efforts, may be used to identify you or another specific individual, such as a first and last name, home address and email address.
Contact Carterro / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person in connection with your use of the Site, the Mobile App or the Services, please report it to us at: info@Carterro.com
You may send us other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at support@Carterro.com.
Personal information that you provide
When you register as a user of the Mobile App or Carterro, you may be asked to provide certain contact and personal details, such as your name, phone number and e-mail address. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out dated information may impair our ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. We will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to register with the Services.
Please note that the username you choose will be used to identify you when you register and use the Services. Your username will be included along with any information you submit for posting (such as traffic reports or chat messages). It will therefore be visible to others. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can set the Mobile App to use your username and not use your real name or email address.
Personal information that you share
The Services are based on users’ locations and submissions, including user submissions made directly to the Services or user submissions made to third party services (such as social networks) that interact with the Services according to the user’s choice, all of which may include personal information. You may upload and share content, such as photos and videos, with other users of the Services. The content that you submit is neither private nor confidential, and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Accordingly, you should exercise the same degree of caution in posting personal information through the Services as you would use when publishing personal information by other means.
Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information through the Services prior to making any submissions.
Location-based information that we collect
When you use your mobile device with a copy of the Mobile App installed, Carterro collects your current location. Carterro uses that information to provide the Services to you and other users.
Opting out of location-based information services by uninstalling the Mobile App
You may uninstall the Mobile App at any time by using the Mobile App’s uninstall option, or by using the programs removal feature of your mobile device’s operating system. Following the uninstallation process, Carterro will not be able to collect any further location-based information from you or provide you with location-based information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your vicinity.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share information between your Carterro account and your social network accounts (such as Twitter). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Carterro, including your current location and submitted photos, transmitted to and shared through your social network accounts.
By setting your Carterro account to integrate with social networks, including by signing onto Carterro by using your social network account (such as your Twitter account), you agree to share information (including personally identifiable information) between Carterro and the applicable social networks for the purposes described in this Policy.
Meta-data that we collect
Carterro collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Carterro may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions and the pins that your drop or view.
Username and Password
To log in, you must use your username and password that Carterro allocated to you, or that you have selected. Carterro may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your login details are under your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your login details in absolute confidence and avoid disclosing them to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
What does Carterro do with your personally identifiable information?
Carterro may use your personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- to provide the Services and to enable you to use the Services with your username and password;
- to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services, as well as the experience of other users;
- to provide you with support and to handle request and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- to send you marketing and advertising material through e-mail messages, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of the Services’ mailing lists by changing your preferences in your personal account or by sending Carterro a written notice to support@Carterro.com. In any case, Carterro will not knowingly share your personally identifiable information with any advertisers without your explicit consent;
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between and among you, Carterro and other users;
- to contact you when Carterro believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies when we have a good faith belief that providing such assistance is legally mandated or meets applicable legal standards;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal or injurious activities and misuse of the Services;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in case of any dispute or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to or in relation to the Services;
Sharing information with others
Carterro does not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- When you use the Services, when you take part in content-related activities, when it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Services and when it is necessary to manage and administer the Services we provide;
- If we are required, or reasonably believe that we are is required, by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Company, or between you and other users with respect to or in relation to the Services;
- In any case where we reasonably believe that sharing your information is necessary to prevent imminent damage to persons or property;
Ownership and use of aggregated information
The Company will own anonymous statistical and aggregated information derived from or pertaining to use of the Services. We may use such information to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or services, and for any other internal, commercial and statistical purposes and make it available to others.